We have two upcoming Ottawa events on the topics of euthanasia and assisted suicide.
Panel Discussion by uOttawa Human Rights Resource and Education Centre, February 26th
Text from Centre advertisement: We are holding a panel discussion this on the Supreme Court of Canada’s recent decision on Assisted Suicide. We would appreciate it if you would please circulate this notice to members or employees of your organization whom you think may be interested in attending.
- Who: Prof. Jocelyn Downie (Dalhousie University), Prof. Michelle Giroux (University of Ottawa), Prof. Carissima Mathen (University of Ottawa)
- When: Thursday, Feb. 26 from 11:30 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Where: University of Ottawa Law School, Fauteux Room 302
- Lunch included. All are welcome. No registration required.
- Co-sponsored by: Human Rights Resource and Education Centre and the CIHR Graduate Training Program in Health Law, Ethics and Policy
Free to Die? Debate at the University of Ottawa by Campus Conservatives, March 18th
- When: March 18th, 7 pm
- Where: Location to be announced, uOttawa campus
- Who: Debating the ethical and legal issues of euthanasia, a debate between Matt Bufton (Libertarian) and Andre Schutten (Social Conservative).
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1540335529552213